Smittybilt GEN2 Overlander Tent XL
The all new Generation 2 Smittybilt Overlander Rooftop Tent is designed for the serious travelling adventurer, with just the right combination of ease, comfort, convenience, and durability. The tent sets up in minutes, and gives secure, spacious above-ground sleeping quarters. The tent is completely self-contained, and all bedding and accessories are stored inside the tent during the trip, freeing up critical storage space and providing quick and easy tear down and packing. When you're looking for the ultimate in convenience, security, and comfort, look no further than the Smittybilt Overlander Rooftop Tent!
- Open size 122" W x 76" L x 51" H
- Sleeps 3-4
- Bed size: King, 92.5” x 74.8”
- Gray tent body with light gray rainfly
- (1-3/16") 2.5cm aluminum/polyurethane sandwich base
- Max load rating 770lbs/350kg
- 600d heavy-duty rip stop polyester, waterproof and polyurethane-impregnated top
- Anodized aluminum tent frame poles
- Stainless steel hinges
- Lightweight, waterproof 420d oxford rainfly
- 4mm spring steel durable rainfly poles
- Telescopic anodized aluminum ladder
- Cover made from heavy-duty 1040gsm, 2000d PVC with Velcro for waterproofing/UV resistant straps
- LED strip
- No-see-um mosquito screens
- Two-year warranty
- The Smittybilt Overlander Tents are designed to mount easily on most roof rack systems or on an aftermarket rack/crossbar system.
- The Smittybilt Overlander Tent weights only 118 lbs/139lbs, so it can be mounted to most rack systems.
- Generally, most OE roof racks will have a capacity of 150-200 lbs while vehicle is in motion(dynamic rating).
- When the vehicle is parked and you are utilizing your Smittybilt Overlander Tent you are applying a static load which is easier to support and most rack systems can generally handle this static load with ease.
- Always check with the manufacturer of your vehicle and your roof rack system to determine the applicable weight limitations as they vary from vehicle to vehicle.
- Not all factory roof racks or aftermarket racks can adequately and safely accommodate a roof top tent.
- Rack not only has to have the proper weight capacity for downward loads, but it must properly support upward and shock loads.